The verdicts include:
- $24.4 million verdict for delayed diagnosis of newborn condition leading to organ damage
- $11 million verdict for doctor's failure to diagnose lung cancer
- $4.8 million for misdiagnosed cardiomyopathy leading to death.
"Attempts to commoditize and a growing do-it-yourself attitude about legal services are just two trends contributing to the post-recession struggles of lawyers and law firms nationwide. Negative news — such as layoffs, closures, mergers, rate cuts and lawyer under- and unemployment — have dominated headlines in the national legal press in recent years."Read the full article here on NHBR.com: New Hampshire attorneys, firms confront a changed legal services landscape
"The Administration is announcing that it will provide an additional year before the ACA mandatory employer and insurer reporting requirements begin. This is designed to meet two goals. First, it will allow us to consider ways to simplify the new reporting requirements consistent with the law. Second, it will provide time to adapt health coverage and reporting systems while employers are moving toward making health coverage affordable and accessible for their employees. Within the next week, we will publish formal guidance describing this transition. Just like the Administration’s effort to turn the initial 21-page application for health insurance into a three-page application, we are working hard to adapt and to be flexible about reporting requirements as we implement the law."
1. Implement a policy prohibiting unlawful retaliationEach of these steps is discussed in more detail in the full article. To ready the article, click on: Steps to Avoid Claims of Unlawful Retaliation.
2. Provide managers and supervisor with training
3. Do not ignore or isolate claimants
4. Consider additional protective measures
5. Closely review subsequent employment actions
Developing an app? Make sure you own it! is published by Adobe Developer Connection in its Gaming section.It is a good read for developers as well as founders, employees, and independent contractors.
1. Mayo Collaborative Services v. Prometheus Laboratories, Inc.To view the rest, you'll have to click through to the article: Top 10 Trends in IP.
2. Supreme Court Grants Cert in Isolated DNA Patent Case
3. Akamai Technologies Inc. v. Limelight Networks Inc. and McKesson Technologies Inc. v. Epic Systems Corp.
4. Rosetta Stone Ltd v. Google Inc.
5. Viacom International Inc. v. YouTube Inc.