1. As the economy continues to improve, demand for facelifts and other facial rejuvenation surgery will increase. Non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedures will also see some growth, but people who have been putting off surgery for the past few years because of the economy will be ready for the gold standard in facial rejuvenation in 2011.Here's what one Massachusetts plastic surgeon thinks about the predictions: Top Cosmetic Surgery Trends for 2011.
2. The growth and popularity of cosmetic injectables (Botox, Dysport, Sculptra, Radiesse, Evolence, Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane etc.) will continue to increase as products continue to evolve and new players enter the market.
3. The number of patients seeking plastic surgery procedures for body contouring after dramatic weight loss (abdominoplasty, lower body lift, upper arm lift, etc.) will rise in 2011.
4. More breast implants. This year many baby boomer women who have aging implants and/or breast ptosis will replace their implants and have breast lifts.
5. Consumers looking for a bargain on cosmetic procedures will unfortunately lead to an increase in horror stories about “discount injectables” bought offshore and cosmetic medicine and cosmetic surgical procedures performed by untrained or poorly trained practitioners.
Cosmetic Surgery Predictions for 2011
Want to know what the hottest trends are in cosmetic surgery? The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) offers its predictions for cosmetic surgery in 2011. These predictions are based on interviews with leading plastic surgeons around the country who offer both surgical and non-surgical procedures. Listed here are the Top 5. For the full list click here.